Achievements to date
- A Crisis Factsheet was created and delivered to every household in the area during the winter of 2007/2008, for which the Association won first prize in the 2008 Firebrake Wales, Community Section.
- Grid Reference card (to assist when one of the Emergency services is needed) created and delivered to every household in the area.
- Secured grant funding for a Community computer.
- Regular community newsletters since 2009.
- Secured regular maintenance of the village green and the verges through Ty’n y groes centre by the Highways and Environmental Services Departments.
- Secured improvements to some footpaths in the area as part of the Walks Project.
- Arranged for the Mobile Youth Club to visit regularly.
- Improved Ty’n y groes village safety through the introduction of speed checks and regular provision of the mobile speed warning sign – NW Police and CCBC Safer Roads Officer.
- An extension to the handrail outside the Young Farmers Club hall for improved access for the less able. With thanks to the Trustees for their assistance (2011).
- The purchase of a bench in 2011 for the Children’s Play Area in Ty’n y groes (grant funded through the Participatory Budget, “Your Voice, Your Choice”), Cartrefi Conwy having confirmed that they would take responsibility for ongoing maintenance, etc.
- Secured pedestrian warning signs at each end of the B5279 for the protection of walkers, cyclists and horse riders (2011).
- Arranged a Community Skip Day in July 2011, which was well used, some 3 tonnes of waste being taken away, 50% of which was recycled.
- Organised sponsors to take care of the flower planters through the village. Grant funding from the Participatory Budget, ‘Your Voice, Your Choice’ was secured in 2011 by the Fun Day Committee to replace the original planters, which were past their best.
- Organised the installation of Dog bins at Glan y Wern and Maes Rhun in 2011.
- Collaborated with Conwy CBC Environmental Services Dept with a second community skip day, February, 2012, which also included Rowen village. 7 tonnes of rubbish was collected of which 57% was recycled.
- Organised a Charity Coffee Morning, 30th June, 2012, Armed Forces Day, in aid of Help for Heroes, raising £228.
- Planted a Jubilee Tree to commemorate the Queen’s Diamond Jubilee, June 2012.
- Village Green: Following a botanical survey of the Ty’n y groes ‘village green’ grassland by Conwy CBC’s Biodiversity Officer, a land management programme is with Conwy CBC’s Highways Department with a view to installing an information board on the green.
- Grit Bin: grit bin has been refilled and will be monitored over the winter months.
Projects completed 2012 – 2018
- Defibrillator [2012 – 2017]
- Tal-y-cafn – road safety issues : new signage & one way system installed, Ffordd Penrhyd 
- Over-60’s winter party, started 2013, held annually
- Flag and pole taken over by Residents Association 
- Assistance with Christmas carol services, 2014, 2015, 2016
- “Environment Day” – village too small – a skip day at Dolgarrog [March 2015]
- Assistance with Easter services, 2015, 2016
- Speed limit B5279 – reduced to mainly 30mph, some 40 mph [September 2015]
- Assistance with Harvest Thanksgiving services [2015, 2016]
- New Ty’n-y-groes village sign, B5279 
- Planters – complementary planting by Tal Goed 
- Residents Association funds planting of planters, 2016 & 2017
- Defibrillator introductory/advisory sessions 2016 & 2017
- New defibrillator cabinet – funding sought successfully 
- Sensored external light Young Farmers Club Hall for safer exiting 
- “Blind Summit” signs, B5106, Hen Efail 
- Spring bulbs planted on the village green [October 2017]
- Internet reception survey
- Founding Chairman’s memorial tree as a community tree [November 2017]
- Assistance with Maelgwn Male Voice Choir event, [November 2017]
- Car parking- v -visibility at the crossroads – not yet fully resolved, 06/2018
Incidental issues dealt with
- Litter bin at lay-by, near Wern Farm, coming and going, etc.
- External appearance of Red Lion
- Speeding issues, especially B5279 + cement spillages re Welsh Water [2016/2017]
- Street light near chapel damaged – replacement chased up 
- External appearance of Afon Cwm [2015 & 2018]
Events / Fund Raising
Remembrance Sunday Services – 2011 onwards
Fund Raising For Charity :
- Strawberry Tea – Breast Cancer Care 
- Help4heroes [2012 & 2015]
General Fund Raising :
- Open Gardens – 2013, 2014, 2015, 2016 – £500 Donation to Ty Gobaith 
- Spooky Saturday 
- Plant Sale 
- Coffee Mornings : February & May 2018, Afternoon Tea, March 2018
Village Green – Development & Information Board
Radar Gun Training
Litter Bin for Village Green
Improvements to Lay-By Opposite The Groes Inn
Residents Information Pack